Please donate to the tree-sitters to help avoid jail time
Donations Needed to Avoid Jail Time
KYKOTSMOVI, AZ. - The Hopi Tribe and the United States reached an interim agreement concerning the Tribe's claims that the U.S. Forest Service is violating the Endangered Species Act ("ESA") by allowing snowmaking with reclaimed wastewater at the Arizona Snowbowl.
The United States has agreed: (1) to provide the Hopi Tribe with direct government-to-government consultation with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service as the Fish and Wildlife Service reviews the matter, (2) to complete an independent atmospheric modeling analysis of the snowmaking operations, and (3) to implement additional monitoring at the critical habitat of the threatened San Francisco Peaks groundsel, an endangered plant that exists only on the San Francisco Peaks in and around the Arizona Snowbowl special use area.
Snowmaking is Legal, but ADEQ Regs and City Contract do not Permit the use of Treated Sewage Effluent for Skiing
Dec. 26, 2012 (Flagstaff, AZ) - The Arizona Snowbowl started making snow at the ski resort high atop the San Francisco Peaks on Dec. 24, 2012 and they got quite a suprise in the morning to find out it was bright yellow. Today they received another suprise when it was discovered by True Snow that skiing is not an allowed direct reuse of treated sewage effluent.
By CYNDY COLE Sun Staff Reporter
The Hopi Tribe has withdrawn its lawsuit challenging snowmaking with reclaimed wastewater at Arizona Snowbowl.
The suit was filed on grounds that reclaimed wastewater may harm a threatened plant. Unless the tribe files a new lawsuit in federal court – and the Hopi chairman was mum on his plans midday today – this means there are currently no lawsuits challenging development at Snowbowl.
Snowbowl fought the Hopi lawsuit on a couple technicalities, and argued that the tribe could have brought its complaint years ago.
- Arizona Snowbowl Starts Making Fake Snow from Treated Sewage... and it's Yellow!
- Feds file charges three months late! Activists to turn themselves in and fight charges.
- Hopi File Lawsuit to Protect Groundsel
- The war on our spirit
- The view I have from here: A prayer for the desecrators
- Save the Peaks Coalition et al. File Petition for Ninth Circuit Rehearing en banc.
- PEAKS ALERT!!!: Snowbowl May Start Construction by Next Week
- Save the Peaks Coalition takes court case to the 9th Circuit Court in San Francisco on January 9th
- Trial for Protect the Peaks Six Arrested at August Protest Begins Thursday Support Needed
- Our Apologies to Nuvatuqui'ovi and her peoples and a call to stay United!
- Controversial Legislation Supporting Peaks Desecration Proposed by Navajo Delegate, Hopi Tribe Protests
- Tribal Council does not support Navajo's proposal to use groundwater for snowmaking on Nuvatukya'ovi
- #occupyflagstaff and #decolonizeAmerica
- Navajo Nation Human Rights Commission Hearing Today!
- ArtCrime in Flagstaff
- #occupywallstreet liberates park and set to take on Wall Street
- Navajo Human Rights Commission: Suspend permit for Snowbowl wastewater
- Winter Traffic Study Open House September 13th
- Hopi Complaint Document - August 19, 2011
- Talking Points for the FMPO Winter Traffic Study on US 180
- A Question of Tactics
- The Battle for Aspen Alley
- Anti-Snowbowl graffiti grows
- Eight years of graffiti finally gets noticed!
- Forest Service cracks down on Camping and Prayer in Forest
- Residents turn up the heat on City of Flagstaff sale of Reclaimed Water Snow at Snowbowl and McMillan Mesa
- Hopi Sue over Sewage Effluent Contract
- Native activists protest a ski resort’s wastewater pipeline
- Tribes File Human rights Complaint over Peaks Desecration
- Albuquerque Day of Action - Aug 25
- Silent Vigil August 23 - 4PM - City Hall
- Direct Action to Protect Peaks Continues
- Snowbowl work stoppage, yet again
- Blockade Halts Ski Resort's Desecration of Peaks!
- The Blame Game: A note from the mountain
- Protect the Peaks!
- Basecamp is only the beginning!
- We interrupt your regularly scheduled lives...
- Taala Hooghan offers space to bring donations
- Set the trends, don't follow!
- We can't do it alone
- 100 Basecamp Challenge
- A call for decentralized action
- First Base Camp Set
- Don't Wait for Us...
- Three Messages
- RISE LIKE TSUNAMIS AFTER THE EARTH QUAKES
- Flagstaff to redo Parks and Rec Master Plan
- Snowbowl Quarrantined!
- Flagstaff City Council Votes No Drinking Water for Snowmaking
- The Disappearing Male
- For the Love of Water
- Yay, No Drinking Water for Snowmaking!
- How many lawsuits?
- Prayer Vigil, Rally & March